In Georgia, elections are overseen by the Georgia Secretary of State.
Check your Voter Registration status and find your Polling Place:
Registering to Vote in Georgia:
- Registration deadlines are early! Must register by October 9, 2018 to vote in General Election.
- Register online (w/ Georgia state ID), by mail, or in person.
- Open Primaries. Voters cannot declare an affiliation with a party, but they must choose one party's ballot.
Ways to vote:
- In Person on Election Day
- In Person during Mandatory Saturday Voting (Every year, one day of weekend voting is offered before Election Day. This year it will be on October 27, 2018. Voters are give a chance to vote in-person on on this day.)
- Early (Done at the discretion of the county. Check here for more info on your early voting options.)
- Absentee / Advance Ballot (Absentee voting begins October 15, 2018 ballots must be received by November 2, 2018.)
Know Before You Go:
ID is required to vote.
Acceptable forms of ID include: valid state or federal government issued photo ID, a Georgia Driver's License (even if expired), valid employee government photo ID, valid U.S. passport ID, valid U.S. military photo ID, valid tribal photo ID.
The State of Georgia also offers a free ID Card for voters, which can be issued at any county registrar's office or Department of Driver Services Office. Information available here.
If you're having trouble accessing ID, contact: VoteRiders' hotline at 844-338-8743 or Spread the Vote at www.spreadthevote.org.
- Polling Hours: 7:00am-7:00pm
- Secretary of State hotline: (844) 753-7825